How you can help
All the work of the Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard has to be financed by donations because the patients are so poor that they cannot contribute to the costs.
We depend on your help and are very grateful for every donation, big or small.
Help us to help!
- through your supporting membership, if you are willing to support our ministry regularly through donations.
- by making a donation in support of our work.
- through a bequest in your will.
- by your prayer that God may bless our ministry and those entrusted to our care.
You may make a donation directly into our banking account. Our banking details are as follows:
Name of Account:
Blessed Gérard's Care Centre
Please ensure that you put your personal details on the deposit or send the information directly to us, so that we can acknowledge and assign your donation properly.
The most convenient solution for both sides would be if you organised a stop order on your account, if you want to donate regularly.
Thanks to the generosity of the Benedictine Mission House in Schuyler, Nebraska, we can now offer you a convenient way of making donations towards our work, inside the United States, with the possibility of declaring your donation on your tax return.
Cheques should be made out to "Benedictine Mission House" with a remark "Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard" (Please do not forget this!)
These should then be sent to:
Benedictine Mission House
P. O. Box 528
Schuyler, Nebraska 68661
People who have made a donation of more than $200 will receive a tax certificate immediately from the Mission House and donors of smaller amounts would receive one at the end of the tax year, if they want to declare their donations on their tax returns.
Account holder: Bruderschaft des Seligen Gerhard e.V.
IBAN: DE37 7215 2070 0000 0120 21
Account holder: Abtei der Missionsbenediktiner von St. Georgenberg „Spendenkonto P. Gerhard Lagleder OSB“
IBAN: AT74 3600 0000 0065 6975
Account holder: Benediktiner-Missionare - St. Otmarsberg 1 - 8730 Uznach
IBAN: CH02 0900 0000 9000 6990 0
Remark: P. Gerhard Lagleder (please do not forget!)
You may also donate online to us.
- 12 € - buys a book to add to the library in the Children’s Home
- 20 € - buys one pair of school shoes for a child
- 13 € - buys a plush toy for one toddler
- 30 € - buys the equipment required for extracurricular activities for one child
- 340 € - buys clothes for one child for a year
- 500 € - pays the school fees for one child for a year
- 2000 € - feeds one child 3 nutritional meals and snacks per day for a year
- 7400 € - pays for the total costs of providing a home, food, education and all other care to a child in the Children’s Home for one year
- 11500 € - pays the salary of one caregiver for a year
CRECHE & PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL
- 6 € - provides a toddler in our crèche with stationery for the year
- 23 € - buys a sandwich lunch for each of the 90 children in the creche
- 75 € - pays for running water for a year
- 2100 € - provides lunch for the year for 90 children in the creche
- 14200 € - pays the salary of 1 dedicated Creche teacher for a year to ensure that 90 toddlers receive a sound educational foundation
- 110 € - pays the stationery for one school going child for the year
- 125 € - pays the uniform for one school going child for the year
- 11000 € - pays for the studies for 1 student for a year’s study at a Tertiary institution with residence fees included
- 18 € - pays for the nutritional porridge and baby milk formula to feed one baby for a month
- 17700 € - provides 80 babies with nutritional porridge and baby milk formula for a year
- 184 € - provides care for one HIV out-patient for a year with symptomatic medication
- 11000 € - pays all the costs of the HIV Clinic to treat 700 HIV patients a month with ARV’s provided by the Government
HOSPICE & COVID-19
- 4 € - buys 3 meals a day for a Hospice patient
- 58 € - buys medication to treat a patient in the Hospice for a day
- 50 € - ensures a hygienic Hospice environment by ensuring the contaminated/medical waste is safely disposed of for a day
- 121 € - provides medication for one patient in the hospice for a month
- 945 € - pays for the salary of one of the Hospice caregivers for a month
- 1500 € - buys consumable medical supplies and PPE for staff for a month
- 24000 € - pays the salary of an enrolled nurse at the Hospice for a year
- 35 € - pays the salary of a cleaner per day
- 20 € - pays for all the fuel needs per day – including the generator during times of load shedding
- 55 € - we can ensure that all of our vehicles are fully licensed for a month
- 260 € - pays for all of the utilities (electricity, water, sewerage, rates) per day
- 675 € - pays the salary of a kitchen employee per month
- 4050 € - pays our telecommunication expenses for a full year